This is the two weeks report of the after-school club.
We already have two shifts, in the first shift we’ve two more sub groups: the first sub group is grade one & grade two and the second sub group is grade three & four students. In the first sub group we’ve 20 kids and in the second sub group we’ve 16 maximum students.
In the second shift we’ve maximum 16 students which are from grade five up to grade eight. So in general we’ve almost 52 students that are attending our after school club program, but we registered around 80 students to participate. The rest 13 are under 5 years old or kintergarten and the others are at school in opposite shift of our schedule. I expect 18 or more students will join our after school program after two weeks when they finished their regular school program.
1-for grade one up to four
* introducing their self in English and writing name, last name and their grade
* the name of animals that start in the first letter of the student’s name, and the animal sound
* about family members in English
* how to count numbers in English
* parts of the body in English and drawing with writing this…..
* about days, weeks in English
* finding the Where’s Wally (I bring the book)
2-for grade five up to eight
* introducing their self in English
* about all family members and relatives in English
* conversation about their favorite food,subject…….. in English
* maps and Geography
* music and the poem of the music
* about tenses -present, future ……
* English grammar
* creating words with English alphabets (vowels and consonants)…
When we are teaching both shifts we use many kind of games in English version Amharic and Hebrew besides many songs.